How to Ask Questions on Instagram stories | Instagram New feature
How to Ask Questions on Instagram stories on 10th July 2018, it introduced its new feature that will bring in more notifications on your account. Instagram added a new ‘question sticker’ for your Instagram stories
These Stickers can be added to Instagram Stories from the sticker tray and as the name suggests, you can ask questions to your friends and followers. Below the question is an option for users to reply. Your friends and followers can reply to your questions multiple times.
Other than this, you can see in your viewers list the replies and usernames of those who have replied. Additionally, if you like any reply you can share it in the same Story. While sharing the reply, the name of the respondent does not appear and remains private.
Introducing the Questions Sticker.
Add a question sticker to your story by selecting it from the sticker tray after taking a photo or video. Type out your prompt then place it wherever you’d like and share it to your story. When friends see the sticker, they can tap it to reply — and they can reply as many times as they want, right from the sticker.
How to Ask Questions on Instagram story?
Make sure that you have the latest version of the application installed in your device-check your app store for updates.
Then follow these simple steps.
Using stickers on Instagram
When you share a photo or video to your story, you can add stickers to express yourself in fun and unique ways.
From your story, tap to add stickers. From there, you can:
- Add a questions sticker so people can ask you questions. People can respond by tapping the sticker in your story, then typing a question to ask you. When you view your own story and swipe up, you can see who asked you a question and what they said. Tap a response from someone to share it and answer the question in your story. Keep in mind that when you share someone’s question, their photo and username will not be shown.
- Add a music sticker and search for a song. You can move the sticker and edit which part of the song you want to play in your story. This sticker is only available in some countries right now.
- Add a poll sticker or emoji slider sticker to write your own question and customize the answers. People can respond by tapping an option you’ve provided or sliding the emoji you’ve chosen. Once published, your followers can vote and see realtime results. When you view your story and swipe up, you can see how many votes each option received and how each person voted.
- Add a location sticker by searching for or selecting nearby options. When people see your story, they’ll be able to tap the sticker and view the page for that location.
- Add a hashtag sticker. When people see your story, they’ll be able to tap the sticker and view the page for the hashtag you enter.
- Add a current time or weather sticker. These stickers are based on information from your device and your current location.
- Add a selfie sticker by tapping the sticker with your profile picture and taking a photo. You can tap the sticker for more options.
- Pin stickers to a fixed spot in your video. After taking a video, add a sticker, then tap it and hold. Use the slider bar at the bottom of the screen to scroll through the video to find where you want to pin the sticker. Move the sticker and tap Pin.
- Find your recently used stickers by swiping right.
- Rotate and resize a sticker by using two fingers to pinch and zoom.
- Delete a sticker by dragging and dropping it on at the bottom of the screen.
You can find your friends’ responses in your story’s viewers list. Tap any question they’ve asked to create a new story where you can answer it, and the question you’re answering will appear on your story for context. Though you’re able to see who submitted each response in your viewers list where it’s private, when you share that response in your story, your friend’s photo and username will not be shown.
Along with the polling sticker and emoji slider, the questions sticker gives you another easy way to get closer with all of your friends on Instagram.
To learn more about the questions sticker, check out the Instagram Help Center.
The questions sticker is available as part of Instagram version 52 on iOS and Android.
What are Instagram questions?
Starting from today, you’ll be able to put out a call for questions on Instagram.
The call-to-action will appear in your Instagram Stories, and will give your followers a box to type a question into.
You’ll be able to see all of the questions you’ve been sent, and then given the option to respond.
Your responses go straight back into your story, where all your followers will be able to read what you’ve said.