How to Hide Files and Folders on Android, Technology has made these strange little devices a part of our identity. The idea that smartphones have become an extension of the self is not a new one. Just as you disclose parts of yourself to some people yet hide them from others, the desire to tuck away files, photos, or applications on your smartphone is a popular one.
Whatever the reason, there are plenty of options when it comes to hiding content on your phone. We’re going to look at a few of them here and discuss the benefits and risks of each.
Also, your media viewer and other apps might force the display of hidden files. For example, hidden images showed up in the form of generic image thumbnails when I tried to attach media in a WhatsApp message.
We recommend testing this method with a couple of dummy files to see if (and how) the trick works on your device before using it regularly.
However, there is a simple solution for you if you don’t want to install any new application to protect your data. In this tutorial, I’m going to mention a simple trick for hiding files and folders on Android OS without installing a third party application.
Hide Folders Or Files on Android device
Follow these steps to hide Folders and files without installing any application.
1. Go to File manager or File Explorer. Every Android device comes with a default file manager app so you don’t have to install a new one.
2. Create a new folder and move all your private content(data) in it.
3. Now you need to rename your folder by just adding a dot (.) before the name of your folder. E.g. if your folder name is,
New folder rename it to
4. By doing that your folder will disappear. You don’t need to worry about it because it is just hidden in the device. You will have full access to it like a normal folder.
5. Now in order to see your folder, you just need to unhide it or select show hidden files and folders option. You will find that option by pressing the menu option in a file manager and selecting show hidden folder.
This is the easiest way to hide your private files in a folder without using any third party application in your android device.
How to Hide Files and Folders on Android
Hide Folders Or Files on Android device (with Zip)
2. Open the archiver app.
3. Tap the “New” button. This can be found at the bottom of the screen, and looks like a “+”.
4. Select “New archive”. This will open a new window with the archive settings.
5. Add a period to the front of the archive name. As an extra layer of security, you can make the new archive hidden by adding a period (.) to the beginning of the file name.
6. Add a password. When you’re creating a new archive, you’ll be able to enter a password. Create a password that you can remember but no one would be able to guess. Select “Data and filenames” from the Encryption drop-down menu. Tap “OK” when you’re done.
7. Select the files you want to add. You can add individual files or entire folders to the archive. Select everything that you want to hide.
8. Save the new archive. Once you are finished selecting files, save the new archive. In order to access the files in the archive or even see the filenames, the person will need the password.
Since you added a period to the front of the filename, the archive will disappear when you create it. You’ll need a file manager in order to find the hidden file.
Note :-We recommend testing this method with a couple of dummy files to see if (and how) the trick works on your device before using it regularly.
With the on-board tools alone and without additional apps, you have all the tools you need to hide and encrypt files on Android. How to Hide Files and Folders on Android